back to ttgnet.com

Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Zero Two Bravo DVD w/ Sean Bean, Andy McNab's early memoir dramatized< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
CEM Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2002,00:33  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I notice the DVD for Zero Two Bravo at the local Seattle area Walmart. Does it live up to the book? Strikes me odd the local library has Andy McNab's fiction but not his 2 books of memoirs.

Oddly I have them both Corgi and U.S. editions and find myself able to read either region publishing no matter where I am.

Speaking of Trans-Atlantic DVDs region coding and firmware, any issues with having two modular DVD players for a Laptop, one for U.S. one for region 2. That is taking the built in one and playing region one only and a slide-out one and playing region 2 only? I am a little nervous about making a mistake on a DVD player with one change left and leaving it set wrong so I am tempted to firm up the choice and leave things locked down.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
CEMyers Search for posts by this member.
Subscriber

Group: Subscribers
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 18 2002,01:24 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Zero Two Bravo the movie has a very nice review in the current Soldier of Fortune - running 2 DVD-ROM drives with different regional coding seems to confuse the movie playback software, perhaps not, just me confused and perhaps it goes better with one application per drive per region for movies with regional codes - I don't know and haven't seen any hacks for my laptop drives and region coding but they may well be there.  I notice McNab's avowed fiction is getting really depressing in the image of the Brits tasking his protagonist - no idea how realistic this is intended to be. The tradecraft is as you might expect superb with I think a nod and a wink when he deliberately throws something in that is flat silly so that I think the bit was a bow to the censor.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
1 replies since Mar. 21 2002,00:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Zero Two Bravo DVD w/ Sean Bean
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code